Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Grandpa's 70th Birthday Party

We celebrated my dad's 70th birthday last summer.  It was  surprise party held at his favorite hunting camp-Weller Mountain.  My sister, Paula, flew in from Colorado with her family and stayed at my house overnight. My other sister, Patti, came from near Albany with her family and stayed overnight at my brother's house.  Then on the morning of the party we left at 9am to get there and set up.  I had not been to Weller Mountain in many years and had forgotten how long it takes and that much of the road is dirt.  It was a lot of work, but worth the surprise of my dad. 
These 2 LOs were created from sketches from Creative Scrappers.  This first LO is sketch #221.
My daughter who had fun with her cousins.  Here she is giving her cousin "bunny ears."


This second LO is from Sketch #219.  It is my dad with one of his cakes.  We had 3!  I printed out a large photo of a cake and then painted some candles on the background paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment