Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!!

What do you wish for in the year 2015?  I wish for more time to scrap.

Here are couple of challenges to get you started

The first is from Kitchen Keepsake.

As 2015 begins it is time for some new starts.
  For this scrapbook challenge I want you to start by doing something to your background paper to change the effects.  I used spray mists on mine (on of my favorite things to do).  You can use paints, chalks, inks, or whatever you have on hand.  You may even sprinkling water or another colored liquid could change the background paper.



So go ahead and give your background paper a new look.  I also want you to use some buttons on your LO.  The rest is up to you.




To see all the details go to the On a Roll at Kitchen Keepsake.

The next challenge is from Pixels and Paper.

January is a vacation month in Australia, the kids are out of school, many families take time out to spend with family and friends and a very many families head to the beach or spend lots of time in backyard swimming pools.  It is a time of shorts and flip flops, sea and sand.  Here is the inspiration photograph fro January.


What inspires you from our photograph?  Is it the ocean waves, the silica sand, those arts flip flops, or the bright happy colors of pink, lime, and purple?  Are you more drawn to the blue sky of the sea blue-green?  Does this image remind you of sun filled vacations or time spent at the beach?


In my LO I was inspired by the water and the colors of the flip flops.  I used photos of our water ride.  I loved the blue background paper that matched the water.  Then I used some red and green.  Then I added yellow to add a pop of color.  My kids and I always go on this ride when we go to the adventure park.  My husband stays back and watches and actually sprays us with water when we get near the end.  We got soaking wet this time.   




To see all the details go to Pixels and Paper.

1 comment: